Out of all the days for me to decide to cook as in "turning the oven on" I picked the hottest day of the summer!!LOL but the end result was soooooooo worth it. I made my friends recipe "Dawn's Eggplant Rollatini". DH loves any kind of food, he's pretty easy to cook for and eats leftovers which is a bonus, I do have friends who's dh's don't like leftover's. I mean how could that be, meatloaf so taste better the next day just like cold pizza in the morning taste better. Ok ok so back to my post..lol I did take some pictures of me preparing this dish and it turned out AWESOME (said in that Tommy Boy voice). I made a tomato/spinich/balsamic vinegar/olive oil/ pepper and salt salad to go with it.
Let me just show you the pic's ;) Here's my set up, yes I'm a bit messy when I cook.
There's the eggplant after I fried it, dip in flour, egg then flour again then into the pan.
Here's the set-up for the filling, garlic, ricotta, pecorino romano cheese, tomatoes with basil, mozzarella (i cheated it was packaged and shredded)lol

while i was mixing the above I had the spinach in boiling water,

the final result and one Happy Hungry Husband!!!


yes he's got a total goober look on his face, Dawn my Italian friend he said THANK YOU!!
5 comments:
OMG......you ARE a chef, looks so yummy!!!
That sounds like a dream meal (not to be confused with dream dinners)....lol. I adore eggplant...no one else here does....too bad we're not neighbors! LOL
Oh my gosh, that face is priceless! And that food looks sooooo delicious!
LOL...I was totally laughing at the Tommy Boy "So AWESOME"!!!! LOL!
Looks too yummy!!
Oh the look on his face is hilarious! Wish my DH reacted that way.
Jia
www.newlywives.blogspot.com
www.semiholistichousewife.blogspot.com
www.fleetingglimpseofeternity.blogspot.com
www.fangirlrantings.blogspot.com
Post a Comment